Effective date 26 September 2019
Policy owner People & Performance
Applies to All employees, contractors, clients and visitors
Purpose and aims
Snaidero Sydney (Snaidero Sydney, we, us, our) recognise the importance of your privacy and is committed to protecting personal information which we hold.
We are bound by applicable privacy legislation including privacy principles under the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) in Australia and relevant state and territory laws.
This Policy may be reviewed, varied, added to or withdrawn by Snaidero Sydney at any time, at our absolute discretion. A current copy of this Policy can be provided upon request at any time. This Policy, and any amendments to it, does not form part of your employment contract or agreement or your independent contractor agreement (as the case may be).
Collecting personal information about you
We may collect personal information that is necessary for us to perform our functions or as otherwise authorised by law. The kinds of personal information we collect and hold will depend on your relationship with us, including the type of products and services we provide to, or acquire from, you.
Personal information may include, but is not limited to:
• your name, contact details, identification information, enquiry/complaint details and details of your dealings with us;
• information you give us when you request a product or service from us or enter one of our competitions or surveys;
• information you give us when you provide a product or service to us;
• credit related information necessary to assess applications for credit and personal guarantees;
• records of communications between us and you (including monitoring and recording of telephone, email and online communications for quality and record-keeping purposes);
• if you have or had one of our products, information you have provided about the use of that product or your opinions about that product; and
• if you apply for a position with us, information about your qualifications, experience, character and screening checks (including health, reference, background, directorship, financial probity, identity, eligibility to work, vocational suitability and criminal record checks).
We may collect personal information about you from third parties including related companies, credit reporting agencies, your agents or representatives, publicly available sources of information and the parties with whom we exchange information as described here.
If you apply for a position with us, we may collect your personal information from third parties including but limited to recruitment service providers, referees, former employers, educational institutions and, if appropriate, health and psychometric testing providers and police. We may use that personal information to assess suitability for positions within Snaidero Sydney.
If you visit a Snaidero Sydney site, surveillance cameras may be in use to improve and monitor the safety and security of Snaidero Sydney staff, property and resources and to monitor and investigate compliance with legal requirements and SNAIDERO SYDNEY policies. Images may also be used in connection with legal proceedings.
If any of the above information is not provided, or you do not consent to its sharing, Snaidero Sydney may not be able to provide products or services to you.
Use and disclosure 3
In some circumstances we may use or disclose personal information to improve our products or services, including our websites, or to provide you with information about products and services offered or distributed by us.
We may use contractors’ personal information for payroll, superannuation, health and safety, administration, insurance (including WorkCover or Worksafe), contact and staff management purposes. Some of that information we are required to collect under the Fair Work Act, Taxation Administration Act, Income Tax Assessment Act, Superannuation Industry (Supervision) Act, Work Health and Safety Act and any other relevant legislation.
We may exchange your personal information with the following parties (non-exhaustive):
• providers of mail house, credit reporting agencies, debt collection, legal advisory, accounting, business consulting, banking, payroll, surveillance, archiving, delivery, training, security, data processing and other services, including such parties based overseas;
• your representatives including your legal advisers and unions;
• if you apply for a position with us, providers of recruitment, health and psychometric testing services and your educational institutions, referees and former employers;
• parties involved in a purchase or prospective purchase of any part of our business;
• third parties which you allow us to exchange your personal information with.
Information processed by these third parties may include sensitive information. We require these third parties to handle the personal information strictly in accordance with the Privacy Act.
When we no longer require personal information for any of the purposes for which it was collected we will, subject to any on-going legal requirements to retain it, take reasonable steps to destroy or de-identify it in accordance with the Privacy Act.
Protecting your personal information
Snaidero Sydney will take reasonable steps to protect personal information from misuse, interference, loss and from unauthorised access, modification and disclosure, irrespective of whether we hold the information physically, electronically or with the assistance of our service providers.
These steps include confidentiality obligations on our staff and the use of security measures for access to our computer systems.
Access to your personal information
You can request access to personal information that we hold about you. We will deal with all requests for access in a prompt manner. Requests for a large amount of information, or information which is not currently in use may require further time before a response can be given. You may be required to pay a reasonable charge to access your personal information.
If you believe any personal information held by Snaidero Sydney about you is inaccurate, incomplete or out of date, you can request for this to be amended. If we do not agree with your request, Snaidero Sydney will take reasonable steps to determine the accuracy of the information with relevant records.
From time to time it may be necessary for us to change this Policy. We will notify any changes by posting an amended version on our website. A current copy of this Policy can be provided upon request at any time.
Who to contact
If you have any concerns about this policy or the information held by us you can contact Snaidero Sydney.
If you would like to access personal information that we hold about you, or have a question or complaint, please contact us at:
Cubic Head Office
Unit 4, 4 Avenue of Americas
Newington NSW 2127
T: 1300 028 242
F: 1300 056 369